Why Hire An Arborist?
An arborist is an individual trained and certified in the art and science of planting, caring for, and maintaining individual trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care.
Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
What Is A Cerified Arborist?
Certified Arborists are individuals who have achieved a level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the nation’s leading experts on tree care. Certified Arborists must also continue their education to maintain their certification and adhere to a Code of Ethics. Therefore, they are more likely to be up to date on the latest techniques in arboriculture/tree care.
Becoming an ISA Certified Arborist is a voluntary process through which individuals can measure their knowledge and competence required to provide proper tree care. ISA Certification is not government-sponsored or government-endorsed; it is administered by the International Society of Arboriculture as a way for tree care professionals to demonstrate their commitment to the profession and the industry.
Services GreenEdge Can Provide:
• Pruning - GreenTech can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees and palms.
• Tree Removal - Although tree and palm removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. GreenTech can help decide whether a tree/palm should be removed.
• Emergency Tree Care - GreenTech can assist in performing emergency tree care in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
• Planting. GreenTech regularly advises clients on tree and palm plantings. GreenTech can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location and micro-climate.
• Plant Health Care - Preventive maintenance helps keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problems.
• Many other services. Consulting services, tree risk assessment, cabling and bracing trees, etc.
Arborist Code of Ethics
• Strive for continuous self-development by increasing their qualifications and technical proficiency by staying abreast of technological and scientific developments affecting the profession.
• Not misuse or omit material facts in promoting technical information, products or services if the effect would be to mislead or misrepresent.
• Hold paramount the safety and health of all people, and endeavor to protect property and the environment in the performances of professional responsibilities.
• Accurately and fairly represent their capabilities, qualifications and experience and those of their employees and/or agents.
• Subscribe to fair and honest business practices in dealing with clients, suppliers, employees and other professionals.
• Support the improvement of professional services and products through encouraging research and development.
• Observe the standards and promote adherence to the ethics embodied in this code.
International Society of Arboriculture Florida Chapter
Our Mission: “To Promote and Improve the Scientifically Based Practice of Professional Arboriculture