Grant Beatt Garden Care Soil Health Trees & Plants
Plant Health Care
PHC is a process of scheduled preventative maintenance based on monitoring and use of cultural, organic and chemical tactics, to enhance tree, palm, turf and woody ornamental vitality.The plant and its requirements become the central focus, rather than responding to symptoms caused by pest presence, physical agents, or nutritional deficiencies. GreenEdge addresses the basic causes of the reduction in plant health and provides corrective measures to promote plant health. GreenTech was founded on the principles of PHC which is a total health approach to landscape and plant health. PHC recognizes that trees, palms and woody ornamentals are part of a greater landscape ecosystem and proactively addresses all aspects of landscape stewardship. Essentially, PHC is an active early approach to a landscape, as opposed to a panicked reaction to a pest problem. PHC maintains landscape trees, palms, turf and woody ornamentals by:
- Evaluating the landscapes environment
- Noting causes of plant stress
- Maintaining plant health through cultural practices
- Investigating the landscape through monitoring
- Identifying and treating problems as they occur
- Many plant problems are related to improper matching of the plants requirements to the landscape site.
- Plants may have been improperly planted.
- Plants may be subjected to improper maintenance techniques.
- Often a combination of improper plant sighting (wrong plant / wrong site), improper planting and improper maintenance techniques can cause plant stress and decline.